Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Rachel Nichols - Maxim June 2001

Well, I just watched the GI Joe movie. I enjoyed it. Checked all the right boxes for a blockbuster summer movie. Big explosions, spiffy special effects, great fight scenes, a truly awesome car chase sequence, nasty villains, beautiful women and of course, square jawed heroes. Oh yeah, a way over-the-top plot to tie everything together. All black and white, good vs evil. No ambiguity here! And the good guys won (sorta). You do know a sequel will be coming along, right? :)

For a supposedly kiddie movie, the body count was surprisingly high - the bad guys seemed to have no compunction killing people, collateral damage be damned! And some are pretty graphic, like the part where the pretty blond female soldier got skewered right in front of her CO by the baddie from behind. But hey, it's all good if you don't see any blood right? :)

I know some reviewers are totally savaging the movie, but I liked it. It was more satisfying to me than the 2 hour snoozefest that was the latest Harry Potter movie (which the reviewers seemed to like). But hey, I'm not a movie reviewer, so what do I know? :)

The 2 leading ladies looked very good indeed. And talk about misleading advertising...Rachel Nichols only appeared in that black skin tight combat suit for only a couple of seconds near the end of the movie - shucks.

As promised, here are the Rachel Nichols scans. I've released 4 for my dScans WWSA series. Hope you like them! As usual, grab the full sized scans from either my Yahoo Groups or Google Groups.

No comments:

Post a Comment