Saturday, September 5, 2009

Stacy Yang

I got this hand-me-down issue of Torque magazine from a buddy recently. For those unfamiliar with the magazine, Torque deals with everything that is even remotely automotive related. I’m not a car fan, so this magazine usually goes under my radar. What I do like, though, is that there is usually a scantily clad cutie that accompanies the cover story. And those ladies are usually pretty hot looking, too. Pretty girls and expensive cars seem to go hand in hand. They sure know what guys like, heh.

This kinda made me wonder why the local editions of Maxim (now defunct) and FHM do not plump Torque’s sources. The girls are hot and seemed to be local models, judging from the write up inside.

All the pictures inside were 2 page spreads, and all of them have way too much text crowding the image. I had to do a whole lot of cloning to hide the seams and get rid of the text. The one saving grace was that the print was of fairly high quality, even though the paper was kinda thin. Other than text and seam removal, it was a pretty simple retouch. I left the background plain to make the subject matter stand out. Compared to American magazines, local magazines are a cinch to retouch. The half-tone pattern used in American printing are the size of golf balls! They need a LOT of retouching to make them look half-way decent.

Although I named the scan Stacy Yang, it’s by no means certain that this was actually her name. The model was, unfortunately, uncredited in the photo-shoot. They seemed more interested in mentioning the sponsors of her clothing, the photographer and the make-up artist than the model name. Shucks. I got the name from a one-line blurb in the article. What the hell, I’ll just use the name Stacy Yang rather than leave her anonymous. If anybody knows her name, do feel free to drop me a line :)

I have released 3 scans of Stacy and that what’s-its-name car for my dScans WWSA series. As usual, you can grab the full sized scans here.

No comments:

Post a Comment