Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Vivian Hsu





This set was released a few days ago. You can get the scans from the archive here.

If anyone has discovered the secret of eternal youth, it surely must be this lovely lady. I still remember her very first photobook, and she didn't look as if she aged much since then. If anything she looks even more beautiful.

The last 2 pictures were double page spreads in the magazine. The pages were carefully torn from the magazine, scanned individually, and merged in photoshop. I decided to give myself a challenge and see how big an image I can get and still look good. Typically, magazine scans do not look good at larger sizes - at higher resolutions, artefacts like moire, grain or editing artefacts show up even more clearly. The last 2 images were almost 3,000 pixels wide before I decided it was getting ridiculous and I resampled them down to about 2,000 pixels wide.

I thought the results looked pretty good. What do you guys think? :)

1 comment: