Monday, March 16, 2009

Exotique by Ballistic Publishing

Well, I was over at Kinokuniya Bookstores at Takashimaya Shopping Centre over the weekend. Kinokuniya was having their periodic 20% member discount, and I always make it a point to visit when they have their promotions :) And if you're not a member, I highly recommend you apply. Kinokuniya has all kinds of rare and hard to find books, including some of the "naughty" Taschen publications. The regular member discount is 10%, but I usually wait for the 20% specials :)

Normally the place would be jammed pack with people when they have the promotion, but it was strangely quiet. They seemed to be expecting a hefty crowd, too, judging from the barricades set up by the cashiers to control the queues. Perhaps everyone was off to the IT Show 2009 - apparently the huge crush of people over there was a sight to behold.

Well, I bought some books, including this particular one, Exotique 4.

I have always been a sucker for fantasy illustration books. I love Luis Royo, Soroyama and Matsumune Shirow.

This book is a beauty. Jammed pack with full colour, high quality prints - it featured the best fantasy artists from around the globe, including China, Indonesia & Taiwan. I thoroughly enjoyed looking through the book - my only regret was that they printed some of the best images as a double-page spread. With the bloomin' separation at the centre (it is a thick book), it's hard to look at the print (as well as almost impossible to scan, heh)

Here's the publisher's website. You can even "preview" the books there.

If I find the time, I may scan some of the images from the book. Good stuff

No comments:

Post a Comment